Saturday, April 15, 2006

Keep Pedalling!

Second day of the Easter holiday for me. I had an email on Thursday that the Underworld DVD was awaiting collection. Unfortunately, the library is shut until Tuesday so I'll have to hold out a bit longer before seeing it.

My day started with a trip to the dump to get rid of some stuff that my wife sorted out from the shed in the garden. We've had unwelcome visitors in there and need to clear out the stuff that's been chewed. We're not sure if it's rats or not but its pretty worrying whatever. Especially with kids.

Later on we took the kids to the park. I got the lucky task of trying to teach my daughter to ride her bike without stabilisers. She did pretty well considering it was her first time. I'm not sure how many sessions it will take her, probably more than another couple though. I'm taking her tomorrow again if the weather holds. Practice is the thing! I remember riding a bike was one of those things that seemed impossible to me. I was so pleased when I could finally do it. I was not a natural, I think my daughter will have an easier time than I did.

7 comments:

AlienCG said...

It took me forever to learn to ride a bike, but I finally got the hang of it. I've been riding now for a whole week without training wheels (stabilisers).

I'm finally branching out to other blogs. Glad to be here.

FW said...

Hope to see you again! Good luck with the house hunting!

Nicole said...

I love the term "stabilizers" sounds so much more classy than "training wheels."

I'm a fan "shut" instead of "closed" too. Okay, so I pretty much love EVERYTHING British! ;)

AlienCG said...

I like crisps instead of chips, and chips instead of fries.

Thanks for the welcome FW, I like it here, it's comfy and cozy.

FW said...

Nicole and AlienCG: British-isms sometimes seem bland to me compared to words in the US, compare:

Jelly Roll instead of jam roll
Apartment instead of flat
Semester instead of term

Tara said...

I don't remember having my training wheels on there for too long of a time, but the day my dad took them off, I tried riding the bike and a bee started chasing me. Maybe it was helping me ride faster. After a few falls and bruised knees I was fine.

FW said...

Tara, I reckon the bee probably helped! Maybe I can get a small yappy dog to chase my daughter instead? Nah, that might be too scary for her!