Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Pop Quiz Time!




I was going through blogs at BlogMad to earn some credits (they get used up so fast, I can't keep up! I need to employ someone to earn me credits all day for a job!) and came across a link to a blog from someone in this picture. It made me come over all nostalgic and I thought about all those bands from the 80s that were played on the radio, that I don't have on CD and hardly ever hear anymore. (I know there are 80s radio stations 10 a penny on the interweb-thingy but I never remember to put the radio on!). It's inspired me to put together this collage of groups who had songs I liked at the time.

Now for the quiz.....are you ready?

Who can be the first to name all 13 groups? (Here's a clue: they aren't all groups, some are solo artists!). And a very special award will go to the person who names the person in the picture whose blog I discovered this week.

(Gulp, I hope I get at least one contestant, or I could have egg all over my mug!)

10 comments:

AlienCG said...

I can only positively identify three of them.

The Thompson Twins
Thomas Dolby
Gary Numan

The rest look vaguely familiar, but I cannot remember their names. I guess I was pretty good at supressing these memories.

Nicole said...

I could maybe get one or two at best but I'm sure I won't be the one to win this. I'm curious to see who DOES, though. ;)

FW said...

Alien: All correct, so far you're in the running for the Pop Quiz Grail (it's magnificent I should point out!)

Nicole: Looks like it might be Alien unless someone pips him to the post!

AlienCG said...

Figued out another, I think. Is that Tears for Fears below the Thompson Twins?

FW said...

Nope, you must be the King of Wishful Thinking because Tears for Fears didn't have a song on the sound track for Pretty Woman.

AlienCG said...

Now you gave it away, all i have to do is look up the "Pretty Woman" soundtrack and list the groups. Now somebody could beat me to it.

Tara said...

Okay let's see..from left to right..

Thompson Twins
Looks like "Men Without Hats" maybe
Human League
Susanne Vega
Not sure
Not sure
Not sure
Suzie and the Banshees?
Thomas Dolby
The Cars
Level 42
Henry Jones or something Jones
The guy who sang "Cars"

Lol..I'm not very good with most of those names, but most of them looked familiar.

FW said...

And the winner is...

Tara said...

This was fun, FW (course I say that partly because I won)! More trivia, si vous plait!

Peter Jacobs said...

The Thompson Twins
Scritti Politti
The Human League
Suzanne Vega
Go West
Nik Kershaw
Swing Out Sister
Thomas Dolby
Level 42
Talking Heads
Howard Jones
Gary Numan
The Cars

and I`m guessing you discovered Thomas Dolby`s blog?