Sunday, April 30, 2006

Clothes and personality

I've been thinking about my wardrobe of clothes over the last few days. I think I need to start changing it. I don't pay enough attention to what I wear. I've been looking at faces a lot lately, as I meet people or in newspapers and magazines. As I draw faces I've also been considering the clothes people wear. What people types relate to clothing choices, is there a connection between the two at all? Same with faces - from a face, can anything be deduced about the personality? If someone is constantly grumpy, does it show in their face? I think it does. I think it's therefore reasonable to contemplate that aspects of a person's personality may be revealed by analysing their wardrobe of clothes. I make no claim on this idea, there's a show on TV here that pretty much is based on this concept. But maybe I'm having a personal epiphany about it.

6 comments:

Nicole said...

Definitely with you on the wardrobe change. I'm so tired of my clothes but right now I'm TRYING to save for a condo so there's no funds for a shopping spree.

But it's still a good point -- clothes often do make the man...or woman. ;)

AlienCG said...

It's tough for me to change my wardrobe. See, I'm 6'7" (or 2.01 meters) and 300lbs. (or 136.08 kilograms). I have trouble finding clothes in my size (mainly catalog and Internet), but I always manage to look good.

Tara said...

I have to buy some new clothes too, but I have to be in a very specific mood to spend the day shopping for clothes. The planets have to be aligned or something. I can buy useless stuff on a whim, but clothes are very difficult.

FW said...

Nicole: Saving? Oh, I yeah remember that thing ;-)

Alien: Wow, that's tall man! With clothes I usually have to try before I buy - I just find it difficult to choose the right colours.

Tara: I am completely with you on the mood thing. It's certainly got aspects of astrology to it!

Lizzie said...

I wear jeans and a t-shirt almost everyday. I know I should make more of an effort to be presentable but... nah, just can't be bothered. I suppose that *does* say something about my personality.

FW said...

Lizzie: that's exactly my problem!