Monday, April 10, 2006

Strange weather

Yesterday evening it snowed. It was really odd to get snow because it didn't feel especially cold during the day. The wind was cold but at least the sun kept the temperature up. Apparently, it' not the first time there has been snow in April. There was ice on my car windows this morning.

We've now erected a bird table/feeding post in the garden. It's sort of a black pole with curly bits to hand feeders off and a couple of trays you can screw into place. I saw two birds pecking at the feeder within half an hour. My wife bought it, I think she saw two bluetits in the garden last week and this inspired her because she couldn't remember the last time she had seen bluetits.

I bought a little tiny weeny tripod for my camera at the weekend. It'll be great for taking long exposure photos or photos at the end of the zoom range of my camera. I have a larger tripod but it's too big really. I just paid off my camera today, yay! It's all mine now. I also found out today that I can trim photos in-camera non-destructively. I mean that the trimmed photo is saved in addition to the original. I just need to find the time to take some interesting photos. Maybe I should enroll on a course?

5 comments:

Nicole said...

Aww, a bird feeder! Maybe I should think about picking up one of those. There's tons of interesting birds around here and my cats would have a ball watching them.

I really need to upgrade my camera too. I'm not taking photos that are anywhere near serious enough for a tripod but it would be nice to get more zoom capability than I have now. Something else that I need to save money for. ;)

FW said...

We're both spectacle wearers and we're having a hard time distinguishing the birdies. I've just ordered some binoculars, fortunately they're the kind with eye cups. Until they arrive, I guess we'll just have to squint.

I love my camera but I wish it had the same power in the shape and size of my cameraphone, which goes everywhere with me.

Tara said...

Sounds like you have the same erratic weather we have in Ohio. We get snow flurries and very cold temps in April too, sometimes in May. Ick.

FW said...

And today its been all rainy and miserable! yuk

Ryan said...

Hey, I heard about that while I was listening to Radio 1! It was 63 degrees overnight in Connecticut, last night - I couldn't sleep. I'm not used to it. Wish I could put that in celcius, for ya. :)